Board of Directors
Board of Directors
The Kestrel Heights Board of Directors works closely with the school’s administration to ensure that we are meeting our students’ needs and providing them with an exceptional academic experience.
Shane L McCurdy
Board meetings are held the Second Tuesday of each month at the Middle School Media Center beginning at 6:30 pm. Parents and other members of the KHS community are welcome to attend board meetings.
Board Member Applications
Individuals who are interested in joining the KHS Board of Directors are encouraged to complete an application. The board will review applications when an opening arises.
Application for KHS Board Membership
Joining Board Committees
Kestrel Heights values the participation of qualified individuals on board committees. This is a perfect opportunity for members of the KHS community to have a positive influence on the future of our school. Individuals interested in serving on a board committee are asked to make a one-year commitment. If you are interested, email email@example.com with a description of your relevant skills.
- Academic Excellence Committee: The committee is responsible for working with the Executive Director to define academic excellence and to devise clear and consistent measures to achieve and monitor these goals. The committee is looking to include one parent from the KHS community.
- Finance Committee: The committee is responsible for working with the Executive Director to create the school budget; present budget recommendations to the board; monitor implementation of the approved budget and recommend proposed budget revisions; and recommend appropriate policies for managing the charter organization’s assets. The finance committee shall be assisted by the Executive Director and Treasurer. The committee is looking to include a representative from the community with a financial background or an additional member of KHS staff/administration.
- Facilities Committee: The committee is responsible for developing the permanent school campus and facilities. The committee is looking to include a representative from the community with experience in construction and/or facilities.
- Governance Committee: The committee is responsible for matters pertaining to the Board of Directors’ effectiveness and evaluation in accordance with the bylaws of the organization. It is also responsible for establishing board policies and practices.
- Board Development Committee: The committee is responsible for the recruitment, nomination, orientation, and training of board members in accordance with the bylaws of the organization. The committee works closely with the Governance Committee to identify board training/development needs, as well as identifying skills that should be represented by future board members.