A teaching career at Kestrel Heights is a rewarding one! We seek dynamic, engaging, and dedicated educators to join our staff and support our culture of educational excellence. Please find below a link to view current job listings as well as a link to Durham Public Schools payscale. Please note that Kestrel follows the payscale of DPS for all Teaching positions.
Kestrel Heights School offers two major medical plans (H.S.A/Traditional), vision and dental health care options. Please click on the link below to see a snapshot of the benefits package you would be able to take advantage once a full-time employee. In addition to major medical health plans, we also offer impressive supplementary benefits from the following companies:
Substitute teaching can be an ideal way to supplement your income while setting your own schedule. It will also give you the opportunity to improve your classroom skills as you try out different schools, grade levels and instructional methods. And after proving your abilities as a substitute, you may even be offered a full-time job. Here are some other benefits to substitute teaching:
- Earn money while working toward a teaching certificate.
- Substitute teaching can help you decide whether to pursue further education, and in which subject area. Trying out different opportunities can help you identify your strengths and decide on a professional focus.
- You can network with other teachers and administrators, who can provide valuable advice and professional connections.
- If you’re retired from full-time teaching or another career, substitute teaching allows you to keep busy, stay involved in a profession, and continue earning some income.
- Unlike many permanent teachers, you’re not required to be certified in a specific subject area.
- Substitute teaching provides you with practical experience that you wouldn’t otherwise have. You can learn and experiment with different types of teaching styles and classroom environments.
If you are interested, please click on the link below and submit your substitute teacher application. Please note that there is a $48 application fee. Applications will not be reviewed until payment is received. Fee collected does not go to Kestrel Heights but is for covering the cost of processing your background check.
You may make a payment by one of the following three ways:
- Online through our website: Click on Parents > Make A Payment > Substitute Teacher Application
- Phone call: Call Mrs. Bre Buckholz at 919.484.1300, option #6
- Stop by in person: Visit the 6-8 Campus, ask for the Business/HR Department